Wednesday 26 January 2011

Feet First

This is the third and last session in self- hypnotic painting. I had been given a leaflet at the first visit and we had all been encouraged to exercise our minds in our own surroundings. This session was devoted to our feet. The first exercise was to pick up a pencil with your toes. This is a lot harder than it looks. I practised with both feet for about ten minutes. Until my jaw started to ache. It’s surprising the grimace one has to make when intense concentration is required. I then went onto marbles and finally a lemon sherbet. After twenty minutes practice, Left brain Eric was able to pick up a Macoys salt and vinegar crisp all in one piece. He could also turn the TV on and off with the remote control using his little toe. The good thing about choosing the crisps is that afterwards you can let the cat lick all the salt from between your toes. I think it’s good to be tickled in a strange place now and again. Right brain Edith had excelled herself by being able to unpeel a banana and pick up a credit card. These two disciplines alone will increase her chances of finding the perfect partner and lead to a long happy relationship. If you find this hard to believe then close your eyes and hitch a ride on a fantasy wagon in search of an ideal soul mate. In fact a good friend of mine who is training to run a triathlon told me you can do all these exercises using your buttocks. He’s picked up a nut wrench using this technique; this gives a new perspective to the word ironman. Positioning for this is crucial as you gently lower yourself in the squat position or you could end up with numb nuts. You try it, remember this is not a race; take your time, it may take a while to get your timing right on your clench and release.

Health and Safety: If you do decide to be adventurous and use this method please make sure the pencil is lying down, or a long slow waddle to the nearest A&E could be embarrassing. 

I asked my partner to blind fold me and pick an item at random for me to discover with my feet. The finished painting is below. By the way the item they chose was a poinsettia.


No comments:

Post a Comment