Monday 20 December 2010

It’s Over

It’s Over

By

Timberwolf


I wish I could believe the words you say, as my look of disbelief reflects upon my window pane.

The meandering stream of trust that divides us is a shallow one; I can just about see through the murky waters the rocks of our future lying on the bottom.

Your lies, the deceit and excuses have rippled through my soul as I hang on to a belief of past pleasures.

Your smile is bewitching whilst your fangs lie concealed beyond the fleshed curtain of your lips.  

Oh but darling how I know they glisten by the light of our every moon.

I must fight past glories and embrace the harsh reality of every illusion, however hurtful it might be.

The emptiness I feel from your consumption, acts as a nitrous dagger in the depths of my heart.

Unleash this river of tears seeping from my soul as I repel the dying seeds we once nurtured.

Can you hear my silent scream as I heed the demon’s call?

Suffocating my dreams and aching my soul
Shattering my desire into a million broken pieces,


I look for reassurance in my reflection as I fight with my inner self to prevent a scar of our lifeline on a granite stone.

I fear the final act is about to come, inflict the lance and finish the job.

Let me rise again with grace and dignity to show the world It’s over and time will heal the wounds I bare to create the new me.

No comments:

Post a Comment